Grill Up the Fresh Flavors of Summer with an Edible Garden
ByPublished on May 08, 2018
1. Beans. String beans are easy to grow and come in a variety of colors beyond the standard green. Add yellow or purple beans to the mix for a vibrant splash of color in your garden!
2. Corn. Corn fares best in areas with hot summers, growing up fast and strong and ready to be tossed on the grill and turned into that essential seasonal treat, corn on the cob. Many varietals are available, including early maturing variations that work in regions with cooler summers, too.
3. Peppers. Whether you prefer sweet or spicy, there’s a pepper for every occasion. Plant bright bell peppers, colorful hot peppers, or experiment with a new favorite. Peppers add brilliant color to a garden as well as tasty seasoning for your grilled dishes.
4. Squash. Grilling squash unleashes that perfectly smokey seasonal flavor. Both summer and winter squash can be planted in the spring and are available in space-saving varietals for smaller backyards.
5. Tomatoes. Plant a tomato bush and you can expect a fast-growing, prolific burst of juicy flavor. Choose between tiny cherry tomatoes, hefty heirloom varietals, and everything in between.